I feel like my eye look was what really set my overall wedding look apart from the standard bridal ‘natural smokey eye’. Since I was not having a typical wedding, I wanted my makeup to reflect that. I searched for months and months on Pinterest and through makeup tutorials for inspiration. Finally, in a Google search nonetheless, I came across this image (it is edited, not the original image) of Rosey Huntington-Whiteley.
This was the inspiration I needed. I feel that when it comes to your big day, you should play up your features. One of my favorite features are my lips, which is why 9 times out of ten I wear a bold or bright lip no matter where I go. For my wedding day, I wanted a pinky-coral lip to match my bridesmaids’ dresses (Coral Reef from David’s Bridal). I also knew I wanted a wearable yet beach-appropriate smokey eye. I was not interested in a typical cool-toned smokey eye; I wanted to wear warmer colors since my wedding dress was a warm, sandy beige color. After seeing this photo I knew I wanted a bright, coral lip with a bronze smokey eye.
Here is what my eye look ended up looking like:
The steps I took to achieve this look were:
- I used the Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze as my base. I applied it to my eyelid with my fingers and used a blending brush (I should have used a synthetic one since they blend cream products out much better but I forgot mine) to blend more of the product above my crease. I have to always do this since I have pretty hooded eyelids. I wiped off the blending brush and further blended the product so that there were no harsh lines. I cannot stress enough how important it is to blend, blend, blend!!!
- I then blended out the cream shadow further with the top left eye shadow in the Physician’s Formula Classic Nudes quad.
- For the lid shadow, I used NYX Loose Pearl eye shadow in Walnut (I am assuming, the jar does not actually say the color but you can use any bronze eye shadow). Whatever product was left on the flat shadow brush I just blending into the crease. I then took the blending brush again and blended some more! If you want, you can also blend this shadow down on to the lower lash line. I get eye allergies when I do that so I skipped that part.
- I used the top right eye shadow in the Classic Nudes quad as a brow bone highlight. I did not want a shimmery brow bone highlight since my lid was pretty shimmery and so was my highlighter.
- I lined my upper lash line with a brown eyeliner, does not matter which one you use just something to define the eyes.
- Using the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper I closely lined my upper lash line.
- To finish off the eye look I used L’Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black mascara in the waterproof version. If you are comfortable with false lashes you would apply them now. I just rocked my natural lashes that day.
I really loved how my look came together and I got so many compliments on it too. Another idea I have been trying lately is layering the L’Oreal Infallible eye shadow in Amber Rush on top of the Bad to the Bronze color tattoo and that has a beautiful look as well. For reference, my lip color was the OCC Stained Lip Gloss in Aurora.
Make sure to keep a look out for my next post which will list all the face products I used on my wedding day!