As a round-up of the makeup portion of my Beach Wedding Beauty series, I thought I would include a post listing all of the makeup items I used on my wedding day. I will include each item and my thoughts on the performance of each as well.
- I wrote a blog post all about my beachy smokey eye, including every product and how I applied them.
- Primer: Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer – This is, as I have previously mentioned, my favorite primer. I do believe it helped with the staying power of my face makeup but definitely at the end of the night I just had the shiniest face. I honestly do not think that anything could have completely prevented that but the primer did help.
- Foundation: Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet+ – This foundation was just amazing. With the help of the primer, it just was the best foundation for me. Even though by 10:00 PM my oil and sweat started to show through, my face still looked great. What is even better is that I had no flash back at all!
- Concealer: Laura Mercier Secret Camoflague – I used this concealer for blemishes (I do not like the under eye highlighted look on me and I do not deal with darkness under my eyes so I just did not use concealer there). This product is a rock star and covered all of my scarring. HG!!
- Powder: L’Oreal True Match Powder – Absolutely fantastic! I started out with a light dusting of this powder all over my face to set my foundation and concealer (used a big, fluffy powder brush). After about an hour, I noticed that I was a little bit more glowy than I wanted. I ended up applying more of this powder on my t-zone with the sponge applicator that came with it and my makeup was set after that. It did not look cakey at all and helped to mattify my face for a majority of the day.
- Bronzer: Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer – Great bronzer, smells like chocolate, need I say more?
- Blush: NARS Blush in Orgasm – So I have a tiny confession to make: the whole time I was planning on wearing NARS Blush in Madly on my wedding day for that gorgeous, bronzy look. Turns out I left it at home! I was so upset. Thankfully my bridesmaid had brought the Orgasm blush that I had given her about a year earlier (at the time I just was not blown away by the shade). I decided to wear it very lightly on my wedding day (I wanted the focus to be on my eyes and lips) and loved how it looked! Ironic huh?
- Highlighter: BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Opal – This highlighter is GORGEOUS! I mean so incredibly beautiful on the skin but you have to use a light hand or you will look like a disco ball. The photographers’ cameras did not enhance the glitter particles in the photographs so I definitely recommend this highlighter to brides!
- Eyebrow Pencil: Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz – With the product on one end and a spoolie brush on the other, this product reduces the tools you need to do your brows. It has a super thin tip and when applied correctly, makes your eye brows look very natural. Since the tip is so tiny, it is a time consuming process to fill them in but on your wedding day does it matter? You want to look your best after all.
- Eyebrow Gel: NYX Control Freak Eyebrow Gel – This beauty is like glue! Your eyebrows will absolutely stay in place with this stuff.
- Setting Spray: Urban Decay De-Slick Oil Setting Spray – To be quite honest, I think for my wedding day I would have rather gone with the All Nighter version. In the weeks leading up to the wedding, I tested this spray a lot and did not notice that it really helped with oil control. However, I did not want to go buy a whole new bottle so I just used what I had.